Thursday, August 26, 2010

Zul Subvert - Subvert Sessions
















Oh man... this mix just can't get off my head. Loop mode was on for this mix particularly. Expect a wide spectrum of sound packing into an hour. I wish it could have been longer, oh well, I believe it will only takes a maestro in order to produce such a good sh*t.

-- Profile --
I guess I've been lucky enough to be around music since 1991 (the punk/hardcore days) but DJ-wise, I got started around 1995/1996 was lucky enough to be drafted for a gig by Chris Ho even before I could mix. Needless to say I was completely rubbish, even if i played only ambient (mainly Global Communication and Vangelis)!

I listen to a lot of music so I can inspired from everything from Jeff Mills, LTJ Bukem (the reason I fell in love with drum & bass actually) to Depeche Mode.

To be honest I knock up tracks just for fun so really Im the last person to be giving advice! :p Ive only been fooling with Ableton in the last six months (after much prodding by Brown Club chief Aresha) but I love programmes like Ableton etc have made making music interesting even for technophobes like myself. I guess the biggest tip is to not be daunted by the technology. Have fun, do that and half the battle is won in my humble opinion.

Best outcome - not sure how I can answer that! But really, taking it easy and having fun usually helps :p

Peace and respect to the Boss and the Simpang / Tampines Teh O Ais Limau crew (they know who they are!)

For more plugins, do check out here! Subvert Singapore - Drum & Bass

Subvert Session (Right click to save)

No comments: