Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brendon P - The Balearic Waltz, Tango or Boogie



















With a carreer that’s 3 decades young and still growing, Brendon P has a long history of Clubs and Music. Starting out in 1980 in the local mobile circuit, and moving on to Clubs a year later, a visit to New York in 1984, and clubs such as the Funhouse, the Paradise Garage, Dancetaria and Area weaned him into the New York club culture, and into the music that was to become the house music that we hear today. Crossing vast musical backgrounds over his years as a DJ, both locally and internationally, he continued to acquire a keen ear and passion for dance music. Having recently completed a 8 year residency at the globally renowned, Zouk Club in Singapore, an album project in the works, coupled with numerous remixes and productions on labels like Reversoul (US) and One With Music (SG), and the forthcoming 'East Coast Spirits EP' on RAWJAK in Jan 2010, expect nothing less than a set that crosses vast musical boundaries, both past, present and future.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Many who know (or even don't know) me kinda pigeon-hole me as a house or "soulful-house" DJ. I suppose some may be right circa 6 or 7 years ago, and I don't take offense really. If anything, I'm quite flattered in some small way (however, I'd better let it be known now, that R&B, Trance, Indie or Poppy-Electro, is not my specialty, nor do I ever want it to be... I'm quite comfortable with the house/tech-house tag, thanks - LOL) 

Anyway, since Jason (Itchi) asked (and I'm quite flattered that he did), I thought I'd turn in a mix that goes from something down-tempo, to something a little more up-beat and totally outside of the whole realm of house.  Something you can listen to, chill a little to, or just tap your fingers to while you're at work or doing the laundry at home (I'll save the more "robust" stuff for the clubs) This one's sort of a bar/lounge set that builds and covers stuff from Lounge, to Nu Disco, to an old 80's classic balearic fave of mine right at the end.  Stuff & Remixes from Lexx, Corduba, Hot Toddy, Morgan Geist, Grace Jones, Lindstromm & Prinns Thomas, Aeroplane, Tennsnake, In Flagranti and more. 

He hopes some of you will enjoy it, and in advance, thanks for listening. Hope to meet some of you out on the circuit sometime :o)

For those who'd like to hear more, please find me here: http://soundcloud.com/brendon-p

I put up a few remixes, re-edits and my own tracks on Soundcloud every now and then for listening or to download.

or find me here too: 


No comments: